Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 54)

If it can do it now, that is a newish thing. I asked just - in the past couple of years about it.

Posted: Oct 24th, 2017 - 3:55 pm In Reply to: Wrong - IT user

If the number, symbol and function keys can now be used in what the OP calls "abbreviations," as they always have in Shorthand, though, then I will certainly have been wrong.

But absolutely this is something anyone thinking of purchasing an expander should check before making a decision.

As for doing everything "better." Come on. That's silly. They're both professional-level expanders and both have dozens of functions they perform equally well. They've been the 2 industry leaders for a couple decades, and neither has put the other out of business. It should be enough that IT's vocabulary-building function is a hugely desirable feature for those who are happy to work with its product, and many, many are.

Shorthand is still far more user friendly for beginners than IT, of course. I'd like to think anyone in this field would invest whatever times is necessary to use an expander very extensively since the payoff will be huge. But people do really like Shorthand's user-friendliness, including many MTSOs who chose it for that reason. I wouldn't suggest any pro choose it for that reason alone, though. It's all about tradeoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)