Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

You say no thanks, but here's what *IS* going to happen... - sm

Posted: Oct 24th, 2017 - 11:51 am In Reply to: Did not flat out ask, but - sm

You absolutely do NOT have to follow the client to the vendor, but when the vendor completely takes over the account, Nuance MTs no longer work that account. That vendor is a Nuance subcontractor, and the vendor employs or contracts MTs to transcribe the client's records. So once that client becomes outsourced to the vendor, you will no longer be an MT on that account. At all. So "the same work that I've been doing for 10 and 5 cents a line" is now routed to the vendor and you won't have the option of working that client any longer. What you *WILL* be given the option to do, if the same thing occurs that happened with me and the other MTs on our large ambulatory client last year, is to stay on as a Nuance employee and you will be placed on whatever account your OM decides to place you on. Like it or not... but if you do not choose to go with your client to the vendor, the client for whom you have likely been typing/editing for a while and have all your shortcuts for and all the dictators that you're familiar with and can make that good money on, that's what's going to happen.

Sure, you may luck up and get placed on an account on which you can continue to make that good money on, and I really would hope that you do if you choose to stay with Nuance, but the likelihood of it is less than great.

Me, when our client was outsourced last year, I chose to go with the vendor. I am glad that I did. Many of the MTs I had worked with for a long, long time were put off for weeks and weeks, months even, before any work was found for them.

I do wish you the best. Nuance's practices are just horrible for us MTs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)