Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 61)

Excellent advice...when you were 4. I thought this forum was - for adults.

Posted: Oct 21st, 2017 - 10:54 am In Reply to: How can you possibly feel that your integrity has been impugned - sm

I don't mean this as a put-down if you're suffering from a case of arrested development, which is a serious problem. If that's the case, I hope you get the help you need.

The fact is, you trust strangers all the time. As an adult, you are supposed to have developed reasonable heuristics for assessing the trustworthiness of people you don't know personally.

Most of us have never met the people we work for. How much more trust can there be than to agree to work for someone you've never met??

Most of us purchase things online from sellers we don't know personally. Perhaps we're persuaded by a "money-back guarantee" or by any number of subconscious cues ("This person sounds like they know what they're talking about" etc.)

Many of us acquire "friends/followers" online who we don't know...and follow people we don't know.

We board airplanes that are piloted by people we don't know.

We eat food at restaurants prepared by people we don't know.

...and I bet you've listened to "advice" from many other people on this forum who you don't know.

...and I bet you've wanted "strangers" at some point to trust YOU. (Job interview, right? But why should they believe a single word you say? "I'm reliable. I maintain high quality"....blah blah.) If the recruiter has YOUR attitude...you're outa here, "stranger".

The simple truth is, I'm doing nothing more than shedding some light on a field that might help people on our forum who find themselves in desperate circumstances and need a way out. I get nothing for doing this - except exactly the sort of stuff that you see exhibited in this thread.

May you live and die an MT. An Irish curse if ever there was one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)