Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

YES!!!! - Charleyboy

Posted: Oct 18th, 2017 - 9:07 pm In Reply to: QA question - catlady

I have had this happen to me more than once. When I see the report with the error, I notice sometimes the patient's name will be IN THE BODY OF THE REPORT where I clearly would NOT have left that in, as the account specs for my one and only account require me to put in "the patient" and I have absolutely never NOT changed this. (a product of my OCD.) So not sure what's happening. That will not be the error, so I'm wondering if these are even my reports at all, but I do remember the reports sometimes...Just KNOW that I did not leave the patient's name in the report.

Also, being on this subject of QA, prior to the cyber attack this summer, I had had nothing but 100% QA since coming to Nuance (in a buyout at the beginning of the year. Suddenly I'm getting all kinds of "errors." and losing out on big chunks of income for the tiniest "critical/noncritical" error. It is absolutely deflating my confidence and more than likely stressing me to the point that I'm going even faster to make up for the loss of cpl by doing more lph, which is how they get you into the vicious cycle. If they want to pay us a straight line rate then make it fair and stop with this "grid" BS which only causes anxiety and may lead to more errors. I take pride in my work as do nearly all MTs I have known in my career. I am always striving for 100% accuracy, regardless of being paid more for higher QA. I have heard some people making the point that the base line rate is comparable to other MTSOs. Okay, but that doesn't mean it's fair. I'm making less money now than I did in 2002 as a new MT and I am much better at my job, more accurate, faster, with a knowledge base to match.

I feel like a gambler sometimes. I have invested so much in a losing game that if I pull out now, all is lost. I keep thinking if I just hold on for a few more years. I'm taking the Career Step coding and billing course that I'm dragging out forever because I really don't want to go into another field that is going to probably disappear and/or be boring. I thought it was a good idea last year, but now I've heard so much negativity about that field as well. I'm too old to start a completely new career so I thought I'd try something that I could transition into and still work from home to take care of my elderly mom. Oh, this is getting very long winded.

Vent over!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)