Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 40)

Suggestions sm. - FlaMT

Posted: Oct 18th, 2017 - 11:01 am In Reply to: TRY REV - Hangin on

Local newspaper classifieds? An MT friend of mine happened upon an ad in the local newspaper for someone looking for a local person (not a business) to type up manuscripts part time. I know it's not much, but it's something.

Craigslist? Occasionally, I actually will see an ad for a medical transcriptionist on Craigslist for a local doctor's office. You can do a search as well - try searching for "transcription." Someone else I know also found a typing job on Craigslist under the writing heading, not transcription, but typing up procedure manuals, etc.

Local docs? Although they rarely advertise in my area, there are a few local orthopedic groups and cardiology groups that still use in-house transcriptionists. Maybe cold call? That is, if you still want to stay in the transcription field.

Keep applying, applying, applying at your local hospital as well. Don't give up. I keep applying for unit secretary positions at my local hospitals and have been doing so for the past 8 months or so (other positions as well), but so far also with no success.

You've probably tried all of these suggestions already and I'm sorry if I'm repeating the obvious, but I just wanted to share them with you after reading your post.

Take care of yourself - something will open up for you - :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)