Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Exactly! - MT

Posted: Oct 17th, 2017 - 12:59 pm In Reply to: Here's what I think - not that it matters

But not all the blame lies with the dictator. It was the clueless national offshoring MTSOs that created this mess. They give each facility a checklist of options. Most, obviously, choose randomly because it's not their arena. They are the administrators, they don't know how doctors usually dictate. I've been in the business 30 years and the NORMAL, SIMPLE solution was just to simply transcribe what they dictate. Yet now whoever gets this pages-long checklist chooses "the patient" or "patient", this date format or that date format, patient name or no patient name in document, numbered lists or not. AND THEY DON'T TELL THE DICTATOR. Oh, and by the way, we are ALSO going to change everything to BOS rules too (don't get me started on that). So that is why you have SO SO SO many exceptions and requests.

Again, doctors expect their dictation to simply be transcribed THE WAY THEY DICTATE IT. They are not informed that, senselessly, it doesn't work that way anymore. So now they all have to manually request don't change this to that because of BOS, or I prefer numbers written this way, or don't change headings around, do it the way I dictate.

Such a mess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)