Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Aquity.. (Views: 57)

PTSD from work - OldMT

Posted: Oct 11th, 2017 - 11:22 pm In Reply to: Laid off, wondering about post traumatic-stress - ld

Yes, I can speak to this topic. I was very well prepared for Nuance by my first employer out of MT school, so many years ago. The hospital was great to work for, they paid us well, and overall it was a great job. However, the department lead was a narcissistic, abusive, horrible person who wielded her power to incite fear rather than encouragement. She lied constantly, would never put anything in e-mail except "fluff" and would make personal phone calls to us to berate us, tell us how terrible we were, and even went so far as to call me and tell me I needed to consider a different career. (straight typing, 99% accuracy, over 200 LPH?).

She messed with my head so badly over the 6 years I worked there, that now I have a difficult time functioning in a job because I automatically freak out any time a supervisor contacts me about anything. I'm terrible on the phone with supervisors, and even tech support, because I became so paranoid during my time dealing with her. If something was put in writing, she was all sunshine and unicorn farts, but one on one in person or on the phone, she made you feel like you were the scum of the earth and about to be fired the next day.

So, to sum up, yes, but Nuance isn't the cause, just an exacerbation of an underlying condition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)