Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 39)

I don't use headphones anymore. - dnr

Posted: Oct 10th, 2017 - 2:03 pm In Reply to: Speaker Question - Old speakers

In the old days, doctors used to dictate in quiet areas and knew this gave them better reports (rare blanks). Hospitals also provided them with quiet areas - phone booths where I used to work. Nowadays, doctors seem clueless, and it seems like hospitals are not creating quiet and private areas. One account I get apparently has a dictation room. It is quieter than the nurse's station, but you can hear the other doctors dictating too! To many doctors are dictating in areas with either constant or intermittent ear splitting noise in the background, along with bad phone lines. Headphones give better quality, unless you buy excellent speakers, but I cannot afford high-end speakers. I refuse to wear headphones because of the ear splitting, unpredictable background noise causing severe physical pain and hearing damage. I am not violating HIPAA because I am in a closed room in an usually empty house. My room is remote from the rest of the house, and my older roommate is hard of hearing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)