Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 65)

Good Luck to Old MT - Time to move on

Posted: Oct 9th, 2017 - 9:46 pm In Reply to: Good luck with that - Old MT

I don't have 46 years experience, but have 25+ and I am in the same boat. First off, I have given up on straight MT work and besides, the ESLs just make it miserable. So I apply for VR jobs and nothing. I am thinking perhaps someone is trying to tell me something. Why do I want to work for these companies that pay barely the minimum wage and treat us like dirt.

A company that doesn't pay on time, demographics that we are responsible for and not paid for, same with cc's, doctors names, facility names, etc. OMG, start a new account and you better know it right off the bat or you are kicked off. Too many errors and when you look, you had a comma out of place.

I hate voice. All you do is pick out commas, put in commas, fix numbers, try to understand a medication that they cannot even pronounced, talk so fast they stumble over their words, ESLs that you can barely understand, poor sound quality and I could go on and on.

I did a PT report by an American PT and she was great. I get physicians and they are horrible. If I hear, "go back and insert this under such and such" I am going to scream.

These companies are so bad it is not believed. Just try describing your job to someone. Let's see, I work, "IF" there is work and I am not paid if there isn't any even though I am scheduled for those hours. Collect partial UE instead. Oh want an employee position, no way. All want IC, no responsibility on their at all. We get no OT, no PTO, no raises, no weekend differential or night differential, no insurance, unless you have to pay practically your whole pay check for it, have to work holidays, despite the fact that most of the time there is NJA and let's not forget trying to get time off if you work as an employee!!!!!!

In every sense of the word, why would anyone want this type of job?

With that said, I can understand though how many have to work at home, due to many different things, but there are other WAH jobs, so please look elsewhere. I worked for MM and I have never in my life hated anything as much as I did that company. I mean down to the bone hate, flames coming out of my eyes I hated it so much.

Okay, had my say! Sorry for the length of this, but I am so sad it has become this way. BTW I still am working PT as an IC, but I have another job that helps me diffuse the fact that I don't need the job, only for supplemental income. I do as I darn well please! I am through jumping through hoops for these places. I moved on! (took my own advice)!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)