Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 54)

life after MT - djm

Posted: Oct 7th, 2017 - 5:43 am In Reply to: Life after Medical Transcription - New Former MT

posting this to encourage you MTs,there is life after being a transcriptionist. I have done this job for over 30 years. The hospital I worked for over 20 years decided to outsource our dept to M-Modal. I wasn't sure what to do, but after reading the posts on this site decided NOT to take the position with M-Modal. I am so thankful I listened to all you wonderful ppl. i am thankful to God that someone was willing to give me a chance and I got into billing and collections. I can actually say I love going into work everyday, leaving my home, being around other ppl. yes it was extremely difficult to learn an entirely new job but if u have been a transcriber you have attention to detail and work under extreme stress and u can do another job using your mind. I want to thank you all for your advice to not take the position at mmodal and I want to pass along to others on there who look that there is life after being a MT. I have been away from doing MT for only 6 months but I do PRN QA work and I can honestly say I thank God I do not do this job anymore. I was ready for a change, just needed the nudge and the Mmodal takeover was just that. Don't take the abuse, that's the only way things will change. I guess I am one of the lucky ones who was able to get out. yes I did take a pay cut from loss of incentive but mmodal would have been way less pay than I currently make and I am sure more stressful to work for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)