Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Meltdown - I hear ya

Posted: Oct 6th, 2017 - 6:33 pm In Reply to: How do you defuse a meltdown? - Desparate MT.

All you can do is what you are capable of and go from there. Don't let this pressure get to you and don't feel responsible for bailing them out, because it isn't your problem; it's theirs. If they aren't meeting TAT, hire more MTs. New accounts are not given any consideration anymore; just hit the ground running, no matter where you work. I have been fired, cut back on work because of the same thing.

I work for two slave driving companies who pay 4 cpl and want the moon and I just do what I can. I am retired and collect SS, which isn't that much, hence I am working PT to supplement, but it isn't easy.

I just cannot let this job get to me any longer though. I do what I can; if it isn't enough, then so be it. I will trying something else or somewhere else.

This job has been destroyed, don't let it destroy you as well. For the sake of not being bashed into next year, I don't give a damn any longer. Patient safety is a joke, HIPPA is a joke and so on. I am not saying I don't do my best and I proof, but down deep, I could care less and when they start screaming about TAT, too many errors, etc., I just delete the email. No more can I be abused! It is all about money; we are not making a bit of difference, other than doing a job that no one wants to do, including the dictators. We are not saving lives, despite an incorrect BP or medication dosage. That is on them, not us. Of course, it would help if they knew what in the heck they were talking about as well.

I did a report for a male or so listed and the doctor dictated everything for a female. I just QA'd it. Let them figure it out. Same with any measurements or dosages; can't understand, QA it. They don't even know what year it is sometimes! Sheesh! Are we supposed to be magicians too for their lousy pay!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)