Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Depends in part on the expectations they have - see msg

Posted: Oct 4th, 2017 - 5:30 pm In Reply to: What is typical pay for QA? - clueless

I do a mix of QA and MT and both are paid per line. Typing is 13.5, VR is 8 and QA is 5 cpl.

I have to do a full audit on each file I QA. If I'm QAing someone who also does QA, then it's quick as I can speed the audio right up and usually don't have any errors to comment on, just figure out the blanks. If there are errors, I usually don't take time to leave a comment as they will see it and know what they did wrong.

On the other hand, if I'm QAing a new MT, there are going to be a lot more errors and I'm expected to be more educational and leave explanatory comments which of course slows things down but it feels good seeing them respond to your feedback, improve and get off full QA.

In between are the files from MTs who send through rubbish and should know better - they don't bother researching but expect QA to do it for them and have unflagged errors all through the file, and if it's a tricky dictator they just give up and don't even try. Those are frustrating and annoying.

Overall, it evens out to about the same amount per week for me - some days (or hours) QA has the easier/faster work and other days it's typing or VR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)