Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

If you were my daughter I would tell you this - nm

Posted: Sep 20th, 2017 - 11:06 am In Reply to: Assuming you are making decent money or - more than minimum wage

Dear Daughter,
I heard what happened in the transcription department at your hospital. I know how bad you feel. I know you loved transcription. However, with hi tech some jobs are disappearing. Unfortunately transcription is one that has. Once it leaves the hospital a foreign-based company takes it over and treats you just like they would if you lived in India. I don't know what they have told you, but it is not the truth. The truth is Indians can do the work cheaper and the bottom line for a fortune-500 company is what they can pay their stockholders. Getting you to work for the cheapest amount of money is their goal. They do not care about your experience, they do not care about your speed. They care if they can get you to do their work cheap in the U.S. until they can send it either to AI or India where it will be done for a fourth of what you do it for.

Here is my best advice. Find a different job in the hospital. Even if you have to take a pay cut. Keep your benefits and your 401k and everything else you loved about working in the hospital.

You don't actually know me, but trust me, if you don't follow my advice you will regret it.

Every other MT on this site will tell you that what I am saying is the truth.

No matter how much I wish it were not so, unless Trump decides to do the right thing and not allow any transcription to ever go overseas, the profession is over. You can begin hearing the trumpet playing Taps. Sorry.

You are going to be okay. Please take my advice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)