Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Betty - answerer

Posted: Sep 20th, 2017 - 8:01 am In Reply to: Nuance - Betty

I would advise against it. You are in a for a rude awakening. A lot of stress. Frustration. Extreme cut in your pay. No contacts. Every "department" is someone at home. Your calls will not be returned. The QC program is like nothing you have ever experienced...no matter how much experience you have with MT. There is no "team" work. It is just a way of trying to make you feel guilty. This "company" has figured out every way to make your pay as little as possible. You will some days have no work to do. You will be expected to use your PTO when the company cannot provide work for you to do. It is not the same as when a career/job as an MT was a decent living. There is no "power in numbers" at this job as we are all scattered over the country (and beyond) and so when something is extremely unfair you have no recourse. The PTO accrual is draconian. Again, I really would advise against it. We had the same thing happen to us. Nuance comes in when you are laid off and tells you you can make 60,000 a year, which is, well, a lie. Save yourself the stress, lying awake at night, frustration, etc. I do feel Nuance will be under investigation for their labor practices in the coming future but for now it is a very difficult way to make a living. I hope this helps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)