Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Bohring - DoneThat

Posted: Sep 15th, 2017 - 4:29 pm In Reply to: Insurance transcription - nm

I have done straight transcription like this (never just for insurance) and also typed manuscripts for books, like interviews, usually one on one. I also did customer service calls, where somebody would call about a product, usually DME products, pain pumps, heart pumps, etc., and the person may get shocked on his/her heart pump or the pain pump will quit working, stimulators, etc., and you would type the customer service calls. Sometimes that person could not help and would transfer the call to another customer service rep. You had to type verbatim, every umm, every husband calling his wife in the next room to ask her when he started having these zaps, had to type if the dog barked in some sort of brackets, the phone rang, etc. You will find people are not that nice on the phone or in conversations. They cut each other off constantly and you have to decide which person started first, and end a sentence with something like.... to make room for the cut off text, and then continue on after documenting the cut off text. Very tedious and boring. Street names, names of nurses, representatives from companies, etc., all have to be googled or blanked. It just was not for me but in a crunch I would do it. I liked the one on one interviews best for books, but finding those jobs are few and far between. Gotta type things like gonna, ain't, slang, everything, no expanding (guess depends on the company but most are verbatim). Anywho, my 2 cents and then some.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)