Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Amber - Unpaid Labor

Posted: Sep 14th, 2017 - 1:32 pm In Reply to: Unpaid Labor - Labor Board - Amber

I don't think the Labor Board would consider this a legitimate issue. I always thought that research was part of our job. I've been paid by production onsite and was never compensated for research, company email or helping coworkers when they get stuck. The first thing they will ask you is if it's in your job description to do those things, and it probably is. I personally think that it's your responsibility to address this with your employer. Unless your e-mail is of an urgent nature, don't deal with it until a few minutes before the end of your shift to avoid distractions. I know you still won't be compensated, but it might help you manage your work a little better. Not everything needs a reply or a reply at all. You are probably not compensated for breaks either, assuming you take them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)