Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

They are not folding other aspects of their business, - MT

Posted: Sep 13th, 2017 - 5:56 am In Reply to: I doubt they are doing so poorly they are folding...sm - MarineMom

they're just folding the part that uses live transcriptionists. They have Dragon Medical, that VAS thing, and other software and products they promote, which have nothing to do with medical transcription. I understand they had something to do with development of the system used when ordering pizza by phone from home or online. No, the entire business is not folding. But, bit by bit, the live transcriptionists will be gone, especially now that facilities are happy to accept whatever the automated VR spits out (with the disclaimer that it's not 100% reliable if not signed, and it's rarely signed).

Some of us who were terminated used to think this wouldn't happen to us, but it did. Some of us ignored the warning signs, but it still happened. So, each of you remaining has the freedom to move on or stay just in case history doesn't repeat itself. Your choice. But, it seems to already be proven that Nuance does not have your best interests in mind. You are being used until they don't need to use you any longer, at which point you will be thrown out like an old heap of garbage. At least that's how I felt, like a bag of garbage thrown to the street, with an insulting little bit of "severance" pay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)