Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yes, we do - Old MT

Posted: Sep 9th, 2017 - 11:32 am In Reply to: Discounted early bird renewal fees - AHDI member

I was a CMT for 18 years, paid my dues regularly, attended all their continuing education seminars, which were NOT free, by the way, kept up with all their crap for years and years. The last straw for me was their pushing to get the Indians certified. They changed their name from the AMERICAN Association for Medical Transcriptionists to AHDI which was another thing that proved to me that they were NOT representing me or any other U.S. MT, but "going global" to get the Indians to pay their dues, fees, etc. They never did stick up for the MTs-- kept selling their crappy BOS as if it were the "bible" of transcription and kept changing their rules of how to do everything including commas, spaces between sentences, etc., and the MTSOs all fell for it. Just as soon as you would buy one edition, their "new and improved" one would come out making the old editions obsolute. They kept changing the rules as they saw fit and as I have said before, who died and left them in charge of how transcription should be done? They NEVER stood up for the U.S. MTs under any circumstances, took the money that MTs were owed by the MedQuist lawsuit and kept it for themselves instead of seeing that the MTs got paid. I'm sorry-- you can go on and on about your "wonderful group" but you haven't been in this "wonderful profession" as long as I have and have not seen the crap they have pulled on U.S. MTs. They have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to improve medical transcription except to hasten its demise. Go on and stay with them if you want, but don't come on here and try to convince those of us who have known for years what they are all about as to how "wonderful" they are and how much they have done for the industry. What they have done is to party at their conventions, made money for themselves, and have totally killed what used to be a great profession. You are beating a dead horse and the rest of us are not stupid enough to agree with you. We've been there, done that, and are definitely through with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)