Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Good luck - to you.

Posted: Sep 5th, 2017 - 11:30 pm In Reply to: I too remember.... - Fool Me Twice

I am also not inclined toward nursing or any hands-on patient care, and I never have been.

So many nonclinical jobs have been pared down or have vanished; I've also seen huge layoffs of management (I have a BA in that area but never really wanted to do it).

I'm trying to think of areas outside of healthcare where I could make enough to "clear the housekeeping" but I draw blanks. I've worked for an insurance company (auto and property) and I've handled referral authorizations and assisted with case management for a clinic and a private practice, but I'm not crazy about returning to those jobs, either.

Sometimes I recall days when I had a couple of fun jobs that didn't pay squat, but I can't afford to do that now (duh).

Tomorrow I "celebrate" (?) 40 years in the full-time workforce--funny to remember the date, but I do. "What a long, strange trip it's been." :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)