Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

MT is DEAD - Fool Me Twice

Posted: Sep 4th, 2017 - 10:32 pm In Reply to: The only reason I can think of that people would - enter the field is the lies

My current job keeps running out of work and I had to go on food stamps while waiting on Softscript (I applied there 2 months ago, was sent an offer letter on 8/3/17, but as of yet IT has not downloaded the software so I can start working; when I questioned this I just got a "they will contact you, don't contact us" email. I don't know what the hell is going on with them). Working as an IC for 0.03 cpl is not an option as I'd get 0.018 cpl after taxes ($6/hr). After 20+ years as an MT I find myself in the unenviable position of applying for jobs I haven't done in 40 years (retail, fast food, anything) and getting turned down. So much for retirement. :P

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)