Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Don't give up yet - Mary Roach

Posted: Sep 4th, 2017 - 7:50 am In Reply to: Well written, and you are right. The OP - MT

First, you've just sent out your resume "yesterday" but haven't yet heard a peep. It takes HR personnel longer than a day to go through resumes and contact prospective employees. Also, consider going through temp agencies. That's how many doctors' offices find new employees. That is how I found my position as a clerical employee in a doctors' office. I got lucky, yes. Lastly, find out if your local community college has any online courses that include medical office administration (formerly called medical secretary science). You most definitely have the medical background down pat; you may just need the clerical aspect to add to your knowledge and skills. Oh, also check with a local women's resource center and/or thrift shops to find clothing appropriate for office work. When I went back to work outside of the home, that's how I started building an office wardrobe. Best of luck to you. Don't give up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)