Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 32)

We know how it is now - Experienced old biddie

Posted: Sep 2nd, 2017 - 12:38 pm In Reply to: What if the situation is not now what it was then - supporter of unions

I was also a CMT through exam. I did this when other people were grandfathering in because I thought it was important to prove that I could "walk the walk." I was a local chapter officer and attended all the seminars. Yes I got CECs but I did it because I enjoyed learning. I had the skills but my employer didn't care one way or the other. I was paid well but I don't think being a CMT had anything to do with it. I dropped my credentials because it was expensive and AAMT never did anything to support US jobs or guarantee wages, which is why we are in the situation we are in. I guess I'm an old biddie but the past was pretty good. You know, I would attend local meetings if there were any. My local component organizations folded years ago and I would have to travel hundreds of miles to find a meeting so I don't know who you are meeting with in the industry unless you are corporate because everyone else is isolated at home or no longer working in the field. I'm not because my job was offshored 5 years ago. I do some MT work at my present job but only on the periphery as transcription support. Please furnish those contacts for me so I can follow up. My guess is that probably the majority of transcription goes overseas now for cutthroat wages, nothing is done on site any more so the good paying jobs with benefits are gone. I'm pretty sure of what I am talking about but I don't think you are. If you think about it, MT in and of itself is a continuing ed experience with all the research people have to do in the course of a workday to confirm terms, meds and lab values and search other things for confirmation so that the report is accurate. I would suggest that you browse the AHDI website and see how few chapters currently exist, then come back and tell us how easy it is to network. We know the situation is not now what it was then, that is the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)