Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Thanks for your advice - MT

Posted: Sep 2nd, 2017 - 6:22 am In Reply to: Packages - Just say no

My neighbor was in contact with the carrier and me by phone and email. I had received his deliveries in the past, which were for medical supplies for his wife. I found out at 10PM last night that there was a mix-up which will require rescheduling. He knew this as early as 2PM, but hadn't bothered to notify me. As you suggested, I'm not making this my problem again, but will set a limit. Since the carrier IS able to schedule the delivery for morning or afternoon, I will be happy to help before noon; after that, it's hit or miss.

I do believe this scenario reflects my basic MT personality of allowing others to take advantage of my willingness to put aside my own needs in order to help them.

It has been a general learning experience. The world is full of companies and individuals who will take advantage of us if we let them. For future MT jobs, I will set limits. The same will apply to clients I get on my own through Fiverr, Upwork, care.com, or wherever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)