Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Did I miss the secrets of getting IC work? Special software? - MTjudy

Posted: Sep 2nd, 2017 - 5:38 am

I am in the pool with one major account at one company.  In the past, I've begun my day at about 4 a.m. EST.  Usually, there would be something there.  More work would show up later in the morning/early afternoon.  Lately, I've been checking every 30 minutes or so from 4a-7p, and found nothing.  Just last Tuesday night, I checked again at 9pm, and there were over 100 jobs that weren't there at 7p.  Even though I was exhausted, I jumped on and completed as many as I could.  But the pool was empty by 2 a.m.  Obviously, I wasn't the only MT working then.  I'm sure it's a popular account, as there are clear dictators and basic "normals" for each report.  

The same scenario repeated on Wednesday and Thursday.  Nothing all day, then a big dump between 8P-9P.

Here's my point--The transcription "manager", even though repeatedly asked, never told me that this client had started dumping all reports from that day LATE in the evening.  She always said, "just keep checking."  I also found out that the transcription "manager" was actually the "lead" transcriptionist on this account, so was actually transcribing, earning her income in this way as well.  So, it was to her benefit to be secretive.

I'm wondering if the above scenario is common?

I wish there was a software available that would sound loud alarms as soon as there was work in the queue, so I wouldn't have to keep checking manually.  That would sure be helpful to many of us.  If you know of any such software existing, please share the details.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)