Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Open letter to AHDI in response to their open letter - veryannoyedmt

Posted: Sep 1st, 2017 - 7:33 pm

Their first line made me angry from the start. So Paul's article raised concern? Really?! Like this could be the FIRST inkling they have had that there is a HUGE problem?! 
Second, AHDI doesn't "insist on ethical and fair treatment" because they continue to claim they do not represent MTs and will not intervene in employment situations (as they say near end of statement). They also actively support the companies that are offshoring. So AHDI needs to stop pretending to be all pro-MT. These are insulting lies!
Another thing that enrages me is they list all the AHDI publications that are available for MTs and Companies (for purchase I'm sure) that will help us to know our rights. Excuse me but I think under the circumstances we are capable of doing that ourselves without the help of an organization that won't support us and actively endeavors to destroy the field. 
I can't be the only MT that found their response to be highly inappropriate, self-serving (they touted all their materials and membership). 
So what was the upshot of that open letter? Probably a pathetic reminder that just in case anyone wasn't already away that AHDI was completely useless and detrimental to the MT field, they were still out there and willing to sell you their overpriced memberships and useless books. 

Their first line made me angry from the start. So Paul's article raised concern? Really?! Like this could be the FIRST inkling they have had that there is a HUGE problem?! 

Second, AHDI doesn't "insist on ethical and fair treatment" because they continue to claim they do not represent MTs and will not intervene in employment situations (as they say near end of statement). They also actively support the companies that are offshoring. So AHDI needs to stop pretending to be all pro-MT. These are insulting lies!

Another thing that enrages me is they list all the AHDI publications that are available for MTs and Companies (for purchase I'm sure) that will help us to know our rights. Excuse me but I think under the circumstances we are capable of doing that ourselves without the help of an organization that cannot support us and actively endeavors to destroy the field. 

I can't be the only MT that found their response to be highly inappropriate, self-serving (they touted all their materials and membership). 

So what was the upshot of that open letter? Probably a pathetic reminder that just in case anyone wasn't already aware that AHDI was completely useless and detrimental to the MT field, they were still out there and willing to sell you their overpriced memberships and useless books, oh and of course a high-priced annual convention so you can hob-nob with the company reps that are helping AHDI put you out of work.

AHDI Open Letter link:

http://www.ahdionline.org/news/361239/Open-Letter-Ethical-Compensation-Practices.htm

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)