Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

What the market will bear. It's our collective fault. - MT

Posted: Aug 31st, 2017 - 7:47 am In Reply to: Crappy pay!!! - Giving up!

Why wouldn't a business nowadays pay the least amount they can get by with paying? As long as MTs accept low wages (including "IC" jobs which LEGALLY pay less than minimum wage as long as they, often illegally, maintain IC status), there will be no improvement in pay rates. Profit is the motive. IF US MTs revolt and refuse, the work will go offshore or to automation. They will do this because they CAN. IMHO, our only choice is to put up with it or get out. It seems to me that our society is based on big business, profit, and no priority is given to quality of life for the individual. This is capitalism at its best. Have you noticed, even in a disaster, it's donations from individuals or groups of individual average citizens that make the difference? No government department is able or willing to handle it all. They aren't set up that way. You will never find your fortune in medical transcription as an MT. A fortune might be found elsewhere. Don't spend your entire life working for someone else, depending on someone else, cause when they go, you will be left behind, and they won't care. Sad story. Wish I had learned it myself before ever accepting a "job." The "job" would have been temporary, as a means to an end. I would have learned how to invest in property and the stock market. I learned yesterday (through a free course at Udemy.com) that Warren Buffet started investing in the stock market at the age of something like 11.

You obviously have a computer. Use it to find other work or opportunities before it is too late. Ebay isn't difficult to learn, plus there are free classes on YouTube, Udemy, edx, open2study, and elsewhere.. IMHO, anything is better than MT. If I were younger, I'd apply for a job at just about anything else. Even being a garbage collector, I think, would be more satisfying (and definitely more healthy) than this MT stuff. I've applied for jobs, had initial interviews by phone. Everything sounded great, but once they see how old I am, the job is suddenly filled or "we have other applicants to interview and will let you know."

So, I'm back to relying on "Me, myself, my computer and I." Maybe that's what I'll title my book whenever I write it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)