Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Thirty years experience - Out of work ALL year! - Angie

Posted: Aug 30th, 2017 - 5:40 pm In Reply to: Help!!! - hansenhomemaker

You need to consider what it means to be self-supporting and having to live at poverty level. I have to add up the number of miles I need to drive and only put get enough gallons of gas for those miles. I do not have enough for groceries and have to use a food bank. I usually have one third of what I need for groceries, so I have to add up every item, plus tax, to make sure there is enough money. I can't afford all my medications, some only $4.00 at Walmart, but I don't have the $4.00. The only bills I usually manage to pay are utilities. Sometimes I have to choose which utility will have to be shut off, electric (So I can't work) or gas (for heat in sub-zero temperatures). There is no husband, no partner, no roommate, no one else to share expenses. Recently I had to risk being arrested because I got a fix-it ticket for a headlight bulb being out, but I didn't have the $8.00 for a new bulb for 3 weeks and this had to be corrected within 2 weeks, after which I got a letter from the court that I had to pay $100.00 bail because I hadn't resolved the fix-it ticket. The poorer you are, the more it costs you to live with $100 fees to turn on a shut off utility, a huge fine to pay for that burned out bulb I couldn't replace in time unless I decided to do something criminal to get t6he money for it. I'm also as risk for losing my home in the near future.

Thirty years experience and I have been out of work all of this year! I was hired by one company, which required a buy new equipment (which I had to borrow for), only to fire me before I started because it was taking too long to get trained. The supervisor never even started training me as she was always too busy. The boss comes in, in one of her bad moods, and fires me for not getting trained!!! I can't tell you what a let down it is to be treated with so much disrespect from these MTSO's and I could give you dozens of examples.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)