Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Hang in there - Angie

Posted: Aug 30th, 2017 - 4:42 pm In Reply to: Even my family wants me out - MT

I'm so sorry about what you are going through. I think many of us can relate to the loss of confidence after being treated as if we are worthless "typists" who don't deserve minimum wage. It's hard to rebuild confidence. Just remind yourself you have accomplished Masters and Doctorate degrees and are worth FAR more than you have been given in this profession. You would be a great asset to so many companies.

In following indeed.com daily, I am seeing more jobs for scribes (mostly in-house) and MTs to work in the EMR, directly for the doctor or facility, and they pay what we used to make hourly. With your qualifications, you would likely be at the top of anyone's list.

Have you used a food bank? I depend on this as I've been out of work all year, the longest period of unemployment I've ever had.

Does your husband collect SSDI?

I wish you the best. Please keep us posted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)