Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

something similar - sm

Posted: Aug 30th, 2017 - 3:13 pm In Reply to: Can't believe it myself - Jellybean

I do similar work and am paid by the page. A line is a line no matter how many characters. A page is a page no matter how many lines, except for page 1 which has to be at least half a page to count as one. If I type 1 page and 1 line at the top of page 2, such as end of conversation, someone saying bye, that still counts as 1 page. Other times, I type the whole 2nd page and it ends close to the bottom, so it evens out. There are lines between exchanges, so only paragraphs if long answers are given. So short questions/short answers means better money. Long-winded answers where the interviewer just lets them ramble means more typing and less money.

There are lots of pros and cons to this kind of transcription. Audio quality is a big factor for me, cell phones and mumblers who sit too far away from the microphone or speakerphone. But 40 cents a page is definitely low, maybe the reports have good sound or I don't know. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try and see, but that's just me. I don't want to work for anymore MTSO's and their ridiculous metrics where I have to worry about their "inactive time" BS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)