Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Even my family wants me out - MT

Posted: Aug 30th, 2017 - 10:03 am

My teenage son who is about to go to college next year and his dad (my ex) who just had a stroke both want me to apply out of this line of work. I had tried working 3 jobs, but can only handle 2, working 10 to 12 hours 6 days a week, resting only for one day and I never do anything. I don't leave the house except to pay the rent and twice a month to get groceries. I haven't had a decent meal in months because I can't afford it. My landlord is up in arms that I have to pay rent out of each paycheck because he thinks I am lying that I can barely make it. My student loans for my master's and doctorate (believe it or not) come due next month and I have not paid the car in 2 months, they are refinancing me for hardship.  My son said yesterday after he had not seen me for a week (he is taking care of his dad who had the stroke) that I need to apply as a secretary perhaps at a doctor's office (not a hospital) and get out of this business. He said he thinks it is killing me before his eyes. I have been doing this for almost 30 years, and I am still young, about 15 years from retirement. But to be honest, I have no energy left but sit here and type, forget going out into the world and see people, even apply. My confidence is gone. I need a vacation but cannot afford one.  I can't even afford a mental health day. This post is not to complain, or whine, rather state the harsh reality many of us face. It is not easy to get out of this business, find another vocation, etc. We know it is killing us yet it is difficult to get out.  Our loved ones are worrying. I know I am not the only one in this situation.  Thanks for listening to me. I had to get this off my chest. I have to go back to work now because hands off the keyboard is not allowed.  May we all keep hoping that karma will reply in our favor one day...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)