Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 62)

See it coming - Reality check

Posted: Aug 30th, 2017 - 8:10 am In Reply to: You could see this coming a mile away. I feel - sad for those who invested - sm

What did you see coming? The gist if this article is that there is a shortage of coders and that CAC is not adequate to offset production quotas. The accuracy requirements are nothing new and any facility that accepts 70% accuracy is going to suffer lost revenue and pay fines in audits. Coding has always been a high stakes job with production and accuracy requirements; even unintentional errors constitute fraud. People leaving for other positions or moving up the ladder is nothing new. I'm not sure how you reached the conclusion that coding is dead based on this article. Facilities made bad software choices but there are also many good products on the market but having to review an entire record in order to assign codes goes with the job. What is this "I told you so?" You haven't told anyone anything because you think coding and MT are the same thing and you are trying to compare apples and oranges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)