Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

MT to coder experience - SM

Posted: Aug 28th, 2017 - 10:34 pm In Reply to: Coders--Same boat as MTs-Sound Familiar? - sm

I am an MT (of only about 4 years) who took coding classes, finished in less than 4 months, and received CPC-A cert shortly thereafter. Within 2 weeks, was hired for HCC coding – found it really dumb and uninteresting – so went back to MT. Fast forward another month or so, applied and was hired at a major coding company to train/perform Pro-Fee for a pretty decent hourly salary. After about 2 months, just couldn't stand it anymore and went back to MT. Coding was sooooo boring, and I could tell it wouldn't take much to have it automated, even more than MT. I guess it's something like the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. MT editing is so much more interesting, I am waving goodbye to my CPC without regrets!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)