Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It probably is the ad that I looked at - Old MT

Posted: Aug 27th, 2017 - 7:23 pm In Reply to: A lot to - consider

I did a "live chat" with one of their reps. All she talked about was how 97% of their "graduates" were employed by them. They were a school and when I told them I had over 46 years of experience, she told me that "things always were changing in MT" and that I needed to sign up for their school and then they MIGHT consider hiring me. I told her that after 46 years, I had done every type of dictation they could come up with and I was not about to pay for a "school" to "learn how to do medical transcription." That's all they were interested in-- getting me to sign up for their "school." This is probably the same scam as this woman was chatting with me about. If you are dumb enough to try to learn this job after reading all of the seasoned MTs comments, then you are too dumb to be an MT. This job field is dead. We all know it and by reading all of our comments to you, so should you. Don't even waste your time with coding. That, too, will soon be a thing of the past as the software can automatically put in the codes as the doc puts in the diagnosis. Take the time to do the LPN course if you want to go to school or get a job at McDonald's. Trust me, you will make more money there. I just saw an ad on MT Jobs that pays a whopping 3 cents a line for voice wreck and 6 cents for straight typing. If you think you are going to make any money doing MT, guess again. The last job I had, I was making a whole $3 an hour. I could scrub toilets and make at least minimum wage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)