Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

A lot to - consider

Posted: Aug 27th, 2017 - 6:06 pm In Reply to: Help!!! - hansenhomemaker

Heather, do you understand how MTs are paid? We are paid by production. Interruptions will definitely impact your production. Kids are not at school for a full 8-hour shift. I am curious about how you will handle before/after school times your kids are there while you are working as well as all the vacation time, sick days, etc. You will need to work one weekend day every weekend at any of the big companies that hire newbies. EVERY weekend. Holidays as well. Have you considered how that might impact your family time?

As a new MT at home, you will be spending a lot of time researching (drugs, equipment, types of sutures, physician names, and on and on). Between researching and interruptions and inexperience, I am not sure how you would possibly meet the minimum line count requirements? Distractions are a sure-fire way to make errors and you need to produce perfect reports (99% plus accuracy) in order to remain employed. If you need assistance and send in too many reports with blanks because you cannot figure out what is being said, you will not remain employed. It is a VERY demanding job that necessitates a quiet, uninterrupted working environment.

There is no flexibility. There is working your full scheduled shift with monitoring of your keyboard strokes. They know when you are not actively working. You can't sneak in too many cuddles or cleaning up of spilled milk or greeting kids getting on/off the bus.

I applaud your efforts for wanting to contribute financially to your household but MT is not your answer. Take the advice given to you and look at other options.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)