Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

DON'T DO THIS!! You will NEVER recoup the tuition. - I am a CS high honors grad

Posted: Aug 27th, 2017 - 2:40 pm In Reply to: Help!!! - hansenhomemaker

And I should have been able to get something in this field. And don't get me wrong, I got something --

1. Pay that was barely minimum.
2. Micromanagement that almost gave me PTSD.
3. Constant uncertainty and anxiety.
4. The opportunity to turn my home into a sweat shop.
5. $$$ Tuition debt for a "career" opportunity that amounted to NOTHING.

I graduated, worked in the field for a very brief time and quit.

Now I do general transcription and other typing from home and not only make more, but actually have a stress free life. I would NEVER recommend this field or for anyone to pay to train for this field in the present state it is in.

Medical Transcription schools will tell you anything they can to get you into the program because they are facing the same threat of extinction that medical transcriptionists are. They just want to ride it as long as they can. Most of the people that were graduating when I did either never got jobs or are already long unemployed. The average to finish the course is at least a year. I did it in significantly less and that didn't help any. But if you finish a year from now there is a very strong likelihood you will have no prospects at all.

You have already been warned by others on this thread about this field and honestly, if you don't take heed then you have nobody to blame but yourself. There is a reason you are being asked to provide letters. That is because it is a dying field and you won't get student loans for something with an outlook as dismal and the one medical transcription offers.

Make your choices wisely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)