Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Chiming in again - Do what you want

Posted: Aug 27th, 2017 - 2:04 pm In Reply to: re-read your posts - hansenhomemaker

It sounds as if you understand that the income is limited in this field. I'm sad that medical transcription and burger flipping are even being mentioned in the same sentence, there is no comparison yet the pay is the same now for unskilled labor. In some situations, speech rec is not performing as hoped, but you'd be amazed at how quickly that is improving. There are isolated instances of outsourcing being brought back to the USA but again this is rare, and if it happens it is done by those who work for facilities on site and not at home. As I said in another post, my employer has a situation like this where a few people transcribe special studies and stats on site but that is a coveted job and I'm fortunate to have it but I also wear 2 or 3 other hats in order to maintain full-time status and none of what I do can be done at home. All you can do is give transcription a try and maybe it will be perfect for you if you don't have income requirements and can stay at home but it is mentally and physically challenging. Sometimes I think the recruiters and schools make statements and many of them have never done the job and have limited knowledge of what it entails. Only you can decide what is best for you and your family but you can't say you weren't warned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)