Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Please, please, for your own sake, listen to what is being said here. - sm

Posted: Aug 27th, 2017 - 1:12 pm In Reply to: Help!!! - hansenhomemaker

You appear to be upset because people are so negative and so mean to you. Try to look at this from another angle: *Why would so many DIFFERENT people take the time and energy to compose walls of text explaining why getting into MT is not a good idea? To a complete random stranger on the internet? Some of these posts must have taken an hour to compose!! Note that spelling, grammar, sentence structure are for the most part stellar….? We have taken the time to warn you. None of us had to.

We are all speaking the truth to you, Ms. Random Internet Stranger. We are trying to save you years of frustration, energy and lost hope. Ten years ago, this was a great field to be in. It is no longer. It is where keypunch operators, gas lighters, elevator operators and milk men go to die. It is obsolete. Have you actually tried to research MT jobs on your local level? On the internet? An MT job on Glassdoor, Indeed? What are you finding? Be honest!

I have 37 years of MT experience, the last at a large hospital system in Phoenix (outsourced to a large service 3 years ago). 15 people in our department thought it was a great idea to go with the service – I knew better and told them so. They did not believe me (like you….they believed the recruiter before they would a coworker… go figure). And guess what? It did not even take six months, and all of them had QUIT. Repeat, ALL. Why did they quit? Garbage work and no pay.

Phoenix has about 3 million people. The ONLY HOSPITAL in Phoenix who has MTs is Mayo Clinic. Everyone else is with a service, and no one cares about quality except Mayo Clinic. I applied for a job there (3rd shift was all they had) and did not get the job. I now work in dispatch for a hospital. We cannot stress to you enough that there are NO GOOD MT JOBS available, no matter what the recruiters (….cough, salesman…) are telling you. They want your money, plain and simple, and don’t give a rat’s behind about YOU.

Research actual jobs for yourself. Not at a service – and see what is out there. The last place you want to find yourself is at a service. Good advice has been posted here – if you want to work at home, try Google or Amazon or someplace else, but medical transcription is no longer viable. Its dead. I miss it every day, but there is nothing, repeat NOTHING we can do to bring it back from the dead.

Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)