Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Early retirement - see msg

Posted: Aug 25th, 2017 - 9:50 am In Reply to: Has anyone took Social Security at 62 and retired from - MT

I have a similar story...30 years...earned a good living, etc. I was so fried by the changes in MT that I simply could NOT do it anymore. I took early retirement at 62 and have a job at my local hospital in order to maintain insurance.

My mom is also elderly with dementia but is in a nursing home, so I don't have the same burden as you. I don't know how you do it. I'm sure you'll be rewarded one day.

Your situation may be different, but in my case SS is taxable income; my accountant advised me to have SS withhold 20% of the check for taxes, which I do. This may be because my total earnings (job + SS) exceeded the allowable income, so I also pay a penalty for that. It sounds to me like you wouldn't have a problem staying within the allowable earnings, though. Congratulations on getting a good ACA policy! That's wonderful! :)

I wish you the best, really. It was a relief to me to take early retirement, but it takes a lot of budgeting to make it work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)