Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

SS at 62 - nn

Posted: Aug 25th, 2017 - 9:29 am In Reply to: Has anyone took Social Security at 62 and retired from - MT

I have recently applied as I will be 62 in October. I believe my SS will start in December (rats, was hoping for November and I still have to call them on that). Mine will be a bit less, but I was told that I could earn up to $16,900 a year and not be penalized and have any SS deducted, which they will do if you earn over that. I applied online on like a Monday, SS rep called me on Saturday needing some other paperwork, which they got that Monday or Tuesday and he called me back I think on Wednesday so the whole process was a bit over a week. I will start receiving my checks on the third Wednesday of the month (I believe they go by date of birth and since mine is the 13th, it makes sense). HTH and good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)