Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

30 years of experience - Good for you

Posted: Aug 24th, 2017 - 12:49 pm In Reply to: That is exactly why I am taking my 30 years of experience - and leaving this dishonest ugly mess SM

Happy to hear you have plans to get out. I have a PT job outside of MT and should have done it years ago. I think their is a silent revolution going on with seasoned MTs and they are either getting close to retirement or just fed up like you and are getting out. Also there are not a lot of women or men going into medical transcription like there was 20-30 years ago. It was huge in the 80s. That is when I started. I don't know how these schools, which lie as well, are surviving. I hope they aren't. Also medical scribes are coming into vogue and becoming more desirable, especially if you want to work out of the home and do some sort of MT work.

If you are an MT, you are more than qualified for many jobs that are offered in hospitals and clinics. You just have to break away from this WAH mentality and move on, even if you feel you can't and if you can't then find another WAH job, they are out there and believe me for what we make now, $12.00 an hour sounds pretty good.

The days of making a decent wage are long gone and will never come back, but the MTSOs while they last will rake it in and with India in their back pocket, they could go on for years without American MTs and that just gives them more ammunition to tell the client, "there aren't any MTs in American." Again, lies.

So get that Plan B going for yourself and kiss being an overworked, under appreciated, underpaid MT ever again!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)