Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 61)

My condolences to you, - MT

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2017 - 12:42 pm In Reply to: Although I'm an MT, I'm not a fan of what modern - medicine has become. They

I am very sorry that you, your siblings, and especially your brother, went through this experience.

I can understand why this message was posted here. It's a personal story, but an expose on the medical profession in general. I'm thinking there are other MTs besides me who do at least occasionally have interest in what's happening with traditional medicine as a whole, and personal stories often bring this to light.

In my experience as an RN for over 30 years before becoming an MT, I've seen some transformation/decrease in actual caring for the individual. I believe greed and egos run the show these days. I regret spending so much of my life in this industry. I also have horror stories from my own life with different family members. When I had colon cancer, the first doctor I went to wouldn't listen to me, refused to help, told his office staff to refuse to put through my calls, said I wasn't sick because "I examined you and your abdomen is soft." My first husband had an irregular heartbeat that the doctor ignored, despite me calling the office twice regarding it. Two weeks later, that husband was dead of a cardiac arrest.

Anyone dealing with the medical community as a patient nowadays must have a medical advocate. Also, I'll never enroll in hospice because that seems to equal "remove care and don't even try to help" type of end." Plus, "home hospice" isn't what it used to be. Nowadays, visits to the home from the medical team are scarce. The burden is mostly on the family who may not be equipped to provide 24/7 care. In the "old days" around the clock care in the home by nurses was the norm in hospice care. Now, they only provide what insurance (or private pay) will cover, and that's not much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)