Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: platform.. (Views: 31)

Congrats! - To You!

Posted: Aug 19th, 2017 - 10:31 am In Reply to: Former MT :) - looneytostay

You took a brave and giant step, and it worked out. It is not easy starting a new career.

I'm 62 and collecting Retirement Social Security. I left MT at age 57. I did not have the wherewithal to go full force with another career, so I just took a clerical job answering phones for a small retail establishment. It held me over until SS, and I quit the phone job completely. I have been saving money for years and years, so of course, that helped.

I'm not sure why there are dislikes to your post, except that some people get offended when they are advised to take control of their life. It's not easy for anyone, but harder for some people due to location or perhaps a disability or lack of transportation.

I think often, though, people just can't find the gumption to come out of familiarity. It takes an extreme amount of energy to make even a first step towards getting out. If someone has depression or a social-type anxiety, this compounds the issue.

Here's how I look at it. It can take 2 or more years to get out of this into something else, but if you don't start now, in 2 years you'll still be where you are. Don't let the 2 years it could take stop you. It could come sooner. But one thing is for sure------it won't happen if YOU don't start right now to make it happen.

You can do it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)