Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I too quit because of morality, actually quit management - MT

Posted: Aug 16th, 2017 - 7:47 am In Reply to: Yeah, who'd have ever thunk we would - quit because of morality

Back when Transcend was new I was head of QA at my little company and Transcend bought us. I was promoted to regional manager and my job was to get fly to hospitals states away and let the transcriptionsts know they now work for us face to face and I personally installed the computer software on site. Back then we did it face to face and not on the phone or lock people out so it was still the good old days. It was stressful. I still did it. Then this company wanted to cut my MTs' pay and I fought it. I said we were dealing with people's families and ability to earn, eat, etc. I said no I will not cut pay. They did it anyway and I immediately demoted myself back to MT with the paycut. I eventually moved literally I moved states away and went to work for a hospital having nothing to do with that company. So that's the story. I am not the oldest here but I am getting older and I did quit because this was back in the day when this stuff happening now was new and I refused to be management hurting any MT... not even one MT would be hurt under me. So now I work several jobs as an MT even after grad school and could not find a good job to pay bills and student loans. But I will never regret leaving management though barely making it now. Thanks for reading this long post. I appreciate your understanding why I left that post and why I refused to sell out even one MT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)