Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You're obviously vvery fast. My expander does many corrections - with a couple keystrokes, as well as

Posted: Aug 15th, 2017 - 12:43 pm In Reply to: I'm telling you I'm not missing out...SM - Old Anon

typing shorts for words IRS bungles, and my line count for editing would drop dramatically without it. But then I've never been a naturally fast typist, too much of a fumble fingers.

I do think more ordinary keyboarders need to realize what a tremendous help an expander can be in building line counts in editing also. There's a huge difference in pay between, say, 190 lph and 290.

I've often said (threatening my husband and son with the need to protect my backups from their fiddling) that the day I somehow lost the expander dictionaries I've customized over the past 16 years or so would be the day I retired. That has become less of a nightmare prospect as editing became the job, but not having them while I reconstructed at least partially would be extremely expensive, and continue to cost me.

Shorthand user here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)