Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 52)

No, I'm not a "suit." Nuance seems to have decided - Explaining pay

Posted: Aug 15th, 2017 - 10:38 am In Reply to: The Person - Sounds Like a Suit

that driving away everyone from excellent MTs to newbies by setting harshly punitive policies for all who stumble and mining reports for everything else that can be used to cut pay is counterproductive. Notably, that means that since the policy changes I have been able to depend on my QA scores remaining at and above the required percentages without surprises. And I do occasionally make a major error. For OP and other non-Nuancers (sorry, this won't allow paragraphs for some reason): Pay is currently determined by the intersection of 3 production factors that determine where on 16 pay tiers we fall each pay period. No being knocked to the bottom by one serious error for 3 months while you "earn" your way back up by producing top-quality work at low pay levels. That's gone. Also, unlike some companies, we're not being required to work a bunch of accounts. I currently technically have 3 but almost all work is on my primary, a real boon for quality and speed. Three routinely would work also, though, since I'm now familiar enough with them. 1. Accuracy: 0-99.0% at the lowest pay level, stepping up sequentially to the highest at 99.9-100%. 2. % of work sent to QA: Anything over 5% means staying at the bottom pay tier. The goal to advance pay is 5% or less to QA. Hard for newbies, but experienced MTs should normally have no problem. 3. Line count: Determined, again, by them, and here's where editing especially is still seriously undercounted and thus underpaid, but that is sadly typical for the industry, and I suspect Nuance's rates are probably now actually somewhat higher than a lot of low-pay MTSOs. In any case, the 16 line count levels here range from <100 lph to <900 lph. You'd have to be a phenom on a good account to make that last consistently, but I fall in above-middle tiers, and any time I want to push consistently harder for a pay period I know I can move right another row or two. That makes a real difference in pay. So, straight stuff. Nuance would likely object to this being discussed, but I actually think, considering the sorry state of this industry and subject to being assigned to a decent account with pretty steady work, Nuance is at this time a viable choice. I'm only reporting my experience; others are reporting very different ones. Risks and benefits are whatever they turn out to be, and no guarantees are made or implied.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)