Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Question re: [sic] tag usage in verbatim transcription - fst

Posted: Aug 13th, 2017 - 1:57 am

I was unable to find an appropriate board for this topic and I hope someone more experienced than myself can provide insight. I am also aware this topic does not directly relate to medical transcription. I understand the [sic] tag is commonly used in verbatim transcription in cases of word misuse ( "curve" is said instead of "curb") and errors in quotation (a phone number is repeated back incorrectly) which is straightforward.  But in cases where there is discrepancy or conflicting statements in someone's testimony that go uncorrected, is it appropriate to use the [sic] tag?

e.g. Someone states they were driving northbound when a vehicle struck them on the left side. They later state that vehicle was traveling from east to west.  

Any helpful insight is appreciated.  Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)