Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 64)

Amazing how much we know - just saying

Posted: Aug 8th, 2017 - 9:43 am

As I roll on out of here next week to my new job I wanted to share a story. I had to have a physical for my new job. The CMA was asking me social history and surgical history, etc. I told her I had a tubal ligation, myringotomy, tonsillectomy, etc. She had no idea what I was saying. Not even kidding. She asked me what those were so she could write them down. Then she dropped the stethoscope metal part on my wrist and sent shooting pains up my arm like an electrical shock. I kept telling myself new job, new job so I wouldn't express my anger at the ineptness.

But then I met the doctor I will be working for and he was fabulous. He told me I made his job easy because I was an easy exam with no medications or problems and I told him I hope he makes my job easy too with clear dictation and easy charts to code. We had a good laugh and for the first time in a long time I felt appreciated and valued for my knowledge and skill.

I just wanted to share that there are still jobs out there that value the skills we possess and are even grateful. They know working at home is not easy, it takes self-discipline and ability to prioritize. We have more knowledge than we realize.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)