Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 30)

That's an oldie but goodie. :) - Curious

Posted: Aug 3rd, 2017 - 2:20 pm In Reply to: Mine's an old story, but I got the LaborBoard - involved, and got my money. (sm)

Good for you for fighting!! I love the happy ending, too.

It sounds like what you witnessed was just the tip of the iceberg of dishonest practices.

It is so weird how MT is full of this stuff. I know folks working in landscaping, restaurant work, taxi driving, etc. and NONE of them have experiences that even come close to the stories that MT is rife with.

I am pondering why that is. Is it because it is a woman-based industry, and women are envious and unsupportive of other women? Or is it all about greed, and it is too easy to steal money from MTs? Are we MTs historically too passive, and have they gotten away with this stuff for so long that it's now par for the course? Is it because MT is such a "home-based" industry (not applicable in your case, obviously)?

This greed is part of a larger phenomenon of severe unprofessionalism IMO. But that still doesn't explain WHY this happens so often.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)