Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 43)

Transcription related HIPAA question. SM - LCL

Posted: Aug 1st, 2017 - 12:28 pm

I work in a small hospital, transcription department consists of 6 MTs.  Each day we are assigned a different work group i.e. two MTs on x-ray, two on inpatient, and two on outpatient/clinics.  We have one particular MT who likes to transcribe her own reports, meaning she has been seen in one of the clinics or has had an x-ray and likes to transcribe her own report.  She will actively seek out her own stuff which if she is assigned to that work group that day is fine except that she is essentially cherry picking, but I digress.  My problem is that today I am on outpatient/clinics and she is on inpatient.  She was seen yesterday in one of the clinics, the clinic I happen to be typing today.  She came in the morning and immediately listened to all the notes from that clinic until she found hers and then transcribed it.  My question is does this constitute a HIPAA violation?

I would be tempted to my mind my business and forget about it except that this particular person has consistently and maliciously tried to get me into trouble on numerous occasions.  She has never succeeded, but she is forever talking about me to the lead and to the supervisor.  The supervisor has decided this woman just has it in for me and that I shouldn't worry because she (my supervisor) is happy with my work performance and just gave me a raise to prove it. 

I just want her to leave me alone and thought maybe if I turn the spotlight back on her, she might shut up and mind her business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)