Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 42)

Provider vs Scribe - LMT

Posted: Aug 1st, 2017 - 7:18 am In Reply to: Another question - Voice of provider vs. scribe

My opinion is that the scribe is interpreting the visit and puts in their words, trying to "think" like the doctor. I actually almost became a scribe but the money was not worth it when I realized how much more work it is when you have to listen to the office visit and try to pull out the important points according to what the doctor wants in the note, i.e. we have to "think" like a doctor in order to produce the medical record...so once again the doctors have less to think/worry about and we have more work with less pay...being a scribe might be okay for some, but when the pay goes up more than around 10 bucks an hour I might entertain the idea of being a scribe again. Pretty much like VR at this point...too much work and not enough money for the actual job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)